Saturday, December 13, 2008

As a Poet

Do you follow any poet’s style ?No, not at all. But my favourite poets are W.H.Auden, Ezra Pound, William Wordsworth, Lord Tennyson, John Keats and above all, Rabindranath Tagore. I’ve read their poetries and get inspiration from them. I’ve the style of my own.Do you read modern poetry?Yes, of course. I ardently read a lot of modern poetry. That includes all like American, British, Japanese or Indian poetry. It gives me the input what happening in the modern poetry world.Why I’m writing poetry?I’ve a great love of words and ideas. I’ve the desire to say something about the modern society, culture, class and generation. Poetry is the only medium which reflects the present and I’m quite happy to compose the poetry. Everything comes from my insight and intuition. I don’t want any recognition, I’m writing only for myself. I know there is no money and that makes all the differences. Sometimes my closets strongly disapprove my actions. But nothing can stop me. Neither lack of encouragement, recognition, nor money. I’m isolating myself to create the niche in poetry. So, I don’t want to socialize much for finding some time to write poetry. I wanted to become an artist first. It is my first and foremost duty and responsibility. I’m getting enormous pleasure to do this and also I feel some elevation in my inner mind. I feel very uneasy to doing nothing any creative work in a whole day. But, I’m not making to fulfill my expectations. As a sole earner of my family, I’ve to do the odd jobs without any satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment